Over the course of the 2017 #BLUUConvening held Mar 9-12 in New Orleans, LA, the Black Lives of UU Organizing Collective created a new way to organizer in our faith: #BLUUMicro30!
These 30-day Action Teams are meant to foster connections between Black UUs and generate deliberate concerted organizing efforts to create authentic linking the Unitarian Universalist resources with Black Liberation Movement spaces.
The first #BLUUMicro30 Action Teams are made up of Convening Attendees who worked together to choose actions that fit their individual capacity, congregational connections and movement knowledge. Each of these first Action Teams are led by a member of the BLUU Organizing Collective.
Examples of #BLUUMicro30 Actions:
- Diversify book offerings for youth ages 3 to 6 to include main characters that are people of color, in church's LRE classrooms
- Contact other BLUUs in the surrounding area and let them know about BLUU and the Convening
- Research black organizations in my area
- Create LGBTQ Black Outreach UU Program at our church
- Host a viewing the film 13th at my congregation