Join Black Lives of UU for a LIVE Multi-Faith Panel Discussion: Whose Faith Is It Anyway?: Confronting White Supremacy in Faith Institutions Sunday April 23, 7:00 PM ET.
The Black Lives of Unitarian Universalism (BLUU) Organizing Collective is excited to host this much needed, online panel discussion. Together, we will discuss the many issues that people of faith doing liberation work confront within religious institutions. Our conversation will focus on strategies for challenging and dismantling institutional racism within faith communities and what resources might be useful in confronting oppressive structures meant to hold us back.
• Dr. Takiyah Amin - Assistant Professor, UNC Charlotte & BLUU Lead
• Candace Benbow, M Div - Writer, Educator & doctoral student at Princeton Theological Seminary
• Vicar Lenny Duncan - St. Mark's Lutheran Church & organizer #decolonizelutheranism
• Vahisha Hasan - Founder, Movement in Faith
• Kenny Wiley - UU World Senior Editor & BLUU Lead
Moderator: Leslie Mac - CoFounder Safety Pin Box & BLUU Lead